The addition of chia seeds in this dessert increases the fiber (ensures a longer feeling of satiety) and omega-3 (heart healthy).
Ingredients for chocolate chia protein pudding
Makes 3 servings
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar or sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 scoop of tasteless protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened regular or vanilla almond milk
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- Toppings: lots of raspberries and a pinch of coconut flakes
- Combine cocoa powder, coconut sugar, protein powder, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of almond milk.
- Mix well to form a thick chocolate mass. Add the rest of the almond milk. Mix well.
- Add chia seeds. Mix again! Make sure that the chia seeds are evenly distributed. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- Then you guessed it – shuffle again!
- Cover and chill for 4-5 hours.
- Serve with fresh fruit and your favorite toppings.
Natalie is an MS in Nutrition & Performance Candidate; expected graduation in December 2021. She is a Level 2 Precision Nutrition Coach and holds a BS in Health Sciences. Natalie has helped hundreds of clients make dieting easier and achieve their goals since joining the Born Fitness team in 2017.
Set your custom HTML tab content for the author on your profile page